LAUNCHING THE VIRTUAL KEYSECURE INSTANCE
- Log on to AWS Marketplace with your AWS account credentials.
- Search for SafeNet Assured Technologies Virtual KeySecure.
- Select and subscribe to the product appropriate for your use. Then follow the prompts to configure your software (Continue to Configuration) and select the current software version and the appropriate region. Select Continue to Launch.
- Configure to create a new Security Group, based on seller recommendations.
- Select the appropriate key pair setting. If you do not have an existing key pair, create and import it as described in the installation guide.
- Click Launch.
The new instance can now be found in your EC2 Console with the instance ID shown on the Congratulations page.
ENCRYPTING AND BOOTUP
- SSH into the running Virtual KeySecure instance as the default user dsuser. Authenticate using the PEM or PPK format key pair selected during configuration. Use the DNS IP Address show on the EC2 Console for your instance.
- Enter 1 to create a new Preboot username and password. Select 2 to exit.
- SSH again to login with the new Preboot user and password. Authenticate using the PEM or PPK format key pair selected during configuration. The Preboot menu will be presented.
- Enter 2 to encrypt. Once encryption is completed (which will take several minutes), press Enter to return to the main menu, and enter 10 to continue booting. Wait at least 30 minutes for initialization.
- SSH and login again with the Preboot username and password. Authenticate using the PEM or PPK format key pair selected during configuration. The Preboot menu will be presented.
- Enter 10 to continue booting. Wait 5-10 minutes.
- Note: If the instance is ever re-started, the operator is required to SSH into the system with the Preboot username/password and key pair and select 10 to continue.
- When prompted, enter the default High Access Administrator password, the desired hostname, and the web interface port (9443). The default username is admin.
- Using a browser, enter https://<hostname or IP>:9443 and log on as the High Access Administrator admin
- It is strongly recommended that a new High Access Administrator be added (with a name other than admin, administrator, or root) and the Administrator named admin be deleted.
For detailed instructions on how to use and manage Virtual KeySecure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.