While there are many ways to protect sensitive data in databases, IT requirements for performance, availability and security can sometimes clash: will this security feature compromise database read and write performance? Can I be certain that the encryption key will always be available for fast read performance? Finding the balance between database security, availability and performance can lead to a close examination of which columns of the database contain sensitive data that must be protected versus those that might not. And this leads to the possibility of seeking a solution with column-level encryption granularity. CipherTrust Database Protection was formerly known as SafeNet ProtectDB
For your database security needs, consider CipherTrust Database Protection, a solution that can provide high-performance, column-level database encryption with an architecture that can provide high-availability to ensure that every database write and read happens at almost the speed of an unprotected database.
- Transparent encryption of sensitive database content on a per-column basis.
- Gain security without expanding your workload.
High Performance Architecture
- Choose where encryption is performed to match your requirements and infrastructure.
- Meet compliance mandates, such as PCI-DSS and HIPAA, that require data encryption and separation of duties.
- Transparent Protection is delivered using native database triggers and views. The effect: no application changes are required for read or write activities.
- Granular access controls ensure only authorized users or applications can view protected data. Granularity can be assured with a specific key for each column, and CipherTrust Manager provides a range of powerful access controls for each key while simultaneously assuring separation of duties, a crucial aspect of data security. A downstream effect of these controls is prevention of database administrators gaining access to encrypted data.
- Built-in, key rotation and data rekeying enables you to gain security with the possibility of actually reducing your workload for higher aggregate IT efficiency.
- Cloud-friendly software you can deploy on-premises and in private- or public cloud environments and Chef recipes get the solution up and running fast.
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
Database Server Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows
- Format-Preserving Encryption (FPE) (Select data types)