Luna Network Hardware Security Module (HSM) from Thales Trusted Cyber Technologies (TCT) is the choice for government agencies when generating, storing, protecting and managing cryptographic keys used to secure sensitive data and critical applications. Meeting government mandates for U.S. Supply Chain, the high assurance, tamper-resistant Luna T-Series HSM is designed, developed, manufactured, sold, and supported in the United States.
Luna T-Series models offer secure storage of your cryptographic information in a controlled and highly secure environment. All Luna T-Series models can be initialized by the customer to protect proprietary information by using either multifactor (PED) authentication or password authentication.
INDUSTRY LEADING PERFORMANCE & SECURITY
- Industry leading cryptographic performance
- Performance optimized for government mandated algorithms and key lengths
- Up to 10 times the performance as compared to Luna SA for Government
- Keys-in-hardware approach protects the entire life-cycle of keys within the FIPS 140-2 validated confines of the HSM
- Addresses compliance requirements with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification
- Approved by CNSS for use in National Security Systems PKI
Upgrade Deployed Cryptographic Modules
The T-Series of Luna Network HSMs was designed from the ground up as a drop-in replacement for the widely deployed Luna SA for Government HSMs. Using state of the art technology, the Luna Network HSM provides an order of magnitude improved performance compared to the Luna SA for Government while still providing the industry leading security features that government customers have relied on for decades.
|Luna Network HSM T-2000
||Luna Network HSM T-5000
- Standard performance
- 16MB memory
- 2 partitions, upgradable to 10
- RSA 2048 1,400 tps
- RSA 4096 350 tps
- ECC P-256 3,000 tps
- ECC P-384 2,000 tps
- Enterprise-level performance
- 32 MB memory
- 5 partitions, upgradable to 20
- RSA 2048 14,000 tps
- RSA 4096 3,500 tps
- ECC P-256 16,000 tps
- ECC P-384 16,000 tp
Features and Benefits
Easy transition for deployed solutions
- Backward compatible with deployed applications
- Supports previously deployed Luna Clients.
- Zero changes required to applications integrated with Luna SA for Government
- Migrate keys from Luna SAs for Government to T-Series HSMs
- High Availability Clusters of mixed Luna HSM models
- Backup and restore to Luna T-Series Network HSMs
- Crypto agile architecture supports in-field introduction of new crypto algorithms
- Large amounts of memory (inside the crypto module) support growth to larger key sizes
- CPU capabilities support new, compute intensive algorithms and features
Broad Integration Ecosystem
- Large number of integrations with industry-leading technology vendors
- Documented, out-of-the-box integrations
- Video tutorials expedite integration tasks
Security First Company
- Trusted supplier to U.S government for several decades
- HSM products are U.S designed, developed and manufactured
- All employees are U.S citizens
- All office locations in U.S.
- All support requests answered from U.S. (no outsourcing or foreign call centers)
- U.S. government approved Trusted Technology Import process
- Follow security best practices for all product introduction
- Full support for NSA Commercial National Security Algorithm (CNSA) Suite
- Support for FIPS-approved and NIST recommended algorithms, modes, curves, and key sizes for RSA, DSA, Diffie-Hellman, AES, SHA-2 family, and Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- NIST 800-90A compliant Hardware Random Number Generator
- Classic hardware RNG entropy
- Quantum RNG entropy
- Additional non-approved algorithms and key sizes are supported for use with legacy applications
- Refer to product documentation for complete details
- Microsoft CAPI and CNG
- Java (JCA/JCE)
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server: 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Windows 10
- Linux: RHEL / CentOS 6, 7, 8.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3
- Approved by CNSS for use in National Security Systems PKI
- 4x 1G Ethernet ports
- Optional 2X 1G and 2X 10G Ethernet ports
- Port bonding
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Standard 1U 19” rack mount chassis
- Dimensions: 19” x 21” x 1.725” (482.6mm x 533.4mm x 43.815mm)
- Weight: 28lb (12.7kg)
- Input Voltage: 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Power Consumption: 180W maximum, 84W typical
- Temperature: operating 0°C – 35°C, storage -20°C – 60°C
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% (38°C) non-condensing
Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Dual hot-swap power supplies
- Field-serviceable components
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) 171,308 hrs
Management and Monitoring
- Remote configuration, administration, and monitoring
- High-Availability disaster recovery
- Backup and restore using FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Backup HSM
- Secure audit logging
- SNMP monitoring
- Syslog diagnostics support
Luna Network HSM Product Brief
Product overview with technical features and specifications.
Thales TCT Luna HSM Family Brochure
Product family overview with technical features and specifications.
Building a Root of Trust to Secure Your Cloud & Digital Transformation
During this webinar attendees learned to implement a strong root of trust to secure the most sensitive data.
Roots of Trust: Five Things You Must Know
The term Root of Trust (RoT) is commonly used in information security circles, but what does it mean? Why do we care? How does it apply to cryptographic controls? Modern computer systems are incredibly powerful and flexible. They can be molded to accomplish things that were unimaginable a mere decade ago. This same property makes them almost impossible to control and all too easy for malicious actors to find ways to disrupt them. To counter these threats, security experts have resorted to a wide range of cryptographic tools, and for these tools to function they need a trust worthy beginning.
Best Practices for Cryptographic Key Management
Once data is encrypted, the only way to gain access is by decrypting or unlocking secret content using the key. Haphazardly protecting these keys negates the entire process of encryption and creates a false sense of security. This white paper outlines best practices for deploying an effective cryptographic key management strategy.
Securing Network-Attached HSMs - Three-Layer Authentication Model
The Luna SA for Government uses a comprehensive three-layer authentication and access control model to achieve extremely strong security between the host application processes and the Luna SA for Government’s HSM partitions.This three-layer authentication and access control model was designed to allow the Luna SA for Government to offer network connectivity to clients without sacrificing the security requirements of HSM operations.
How-To Video Series
See how our solutions work in live environments. Our How-to Video series will demonstrate how to install, integrate and use our solutions in your network.