August 22, 2019
The ProtectV release 4.7.3 is a minor release that specifically addresses two high severity issues found in release 4.7.0. Refer to the ProtectV 4.7.3 Customer Release Notes for details. Details on release 4.7.0 are included below.
ProtectV 4.7.0 Release Summary (Released released 30 January 2019)
SafeNet ProtectV 4.7.0 release also supports ProtectV clients for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and RHEL 7.6, and enable either automatic or manual control of disk encryption in Windows servers.
- Password Expiration Policy – SafeNet ProtectV 4.7.0 incorporates a password expiration policy for SafeNet ProtectV users. Passwords of the users (including the SafeNet ProtectV administrators) now have an expiration period of 90 days.
- Password Complexity Validation – Complexity of the passwords of SafeNet ProtectV users and the SafeNet ProtectV Manager Database (SPVMDB) is now validated. The new passwords must be at least ten characters, contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one digit, and one special character.
- Enhanced Account Lockout – The account lockout feature has been enhanced. A user’s account will be locked for 10 minutes after three failed login attempts instead of five. The remaining time until the account is locked will be displayed on the login screen.
- Windows Auto Protection – A new option, Windows Auto Protection, is provided on the ProtectV Manager Console. This can be used to configure automatic encryption behavior of Windows client instances on registration. By default, encryption of a Windows client instance starts as soon as it is registered with SafeNet ProtectV Manager.
- Support for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure – SafeNet ProtectV 4.7.0 extends support for ProtectV Manager on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. You can launch your ProtectV Manager virtual machine on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Improved User Name Conventions – SafeNet ProtectV now validates values entered in the Username and Display Name fields on the ProtectV Manager Console. These fields allow alphabets and numbers only; special characters are not allowed. If a special character is entered, the message “Username and Display Name should contain alphabets and numbers only.” is displayed.